WhatsApp is one the best used messaging application in all the android smartphone with over one billion active users. With increasing usage the user may want to hide particular chat or conversation and not delete it. WhatsApp now has setting which allows you to Hide Whatsapp Conversation. In this will share you detailed information about how to hide chat in WhatsApp for android, iOS & Windows. Once the converssation is hidden user can also show back the hidden chats when desired. The method to bring the chat back is also shared.
Hide Chat in WhatsApp
You can Hide WhatsApp conversations with the help of whatsapp use to archive chats. To archive a chat follow the procedure given below depending on having the OS your smartphone has.
How to hide messages on iPhone in WhatsApp
- First launch the WhatsApp application in your phone.
- Now long press & hold the chat if you would like to archive. You can also select multiple chats simultaneously.
- Next, tap to archive icon at the top-right corner of the screen also See below picture.
- iPhone users need to just swipe left to the chat and click Archive button.
- Once you have done all your archived conversations will no longer to see visible in WhatsApp conversation list. They will be moved to archived folder.
- If you want to unarchive any chat again you need to open WhatsApp.
- Then scroll down to the bottom and click Archived chats option & select the option hide chats.
Now you can give the long press & hold the chat and then tap the unarchive icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
We can also hide group chat by following the similar procedure for your groups in WhatsApp conversation. To view the chat you hide or archive select chat, you will be able to view the chat of the contact or group which you hide. If you are looking to lock or hide WhatsApp conversation itself instead of specific chats then follow this link Brilliant Apps to hide WhatsApp chat.
Hide Multiple Conversation at Once in WhatsApp
Method and screenshots are from the latest version of WhatsApp for iOS 2.16.7. This method is updated for latest WhatsApp iOS version 2.16.6. Screenshots too are taken from the same version.
- Tap on WhatsApp application in Main Menu.
- On the chat screen swipe left for the contact whose chat you desire to hide whatsapp chat.
- Select Archive.
- On selecting to hide conversation of the whatsapp contact or group you selected will be removed/hidden from the main chat screen which appears when you open WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp click on to Edit at the top left on the screen where all conversations appear.
- Select the multiple chats you want to hide/archive.
- After selecting the desired chats, tap on Archive at the bottom left.
Method and screenshots are from WhatsApp for Android version 2.16.133.
1. Just tap on to Open WhatsApp & long tap on your desired contact or any conctact.
2. Now the Selected contacts which you desire to hide whatsapp chat and select Archive icon.
With this you have archived multiple chats at one go. Let us know if you are facing any problems in accomplishing the same. You can commented here.